Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Earring Hanger - upcycled art :)

I have really been enjoying making these beautiful Earring hangers.
I always like to upcycle, revamp and alter where I can.
I got a whole box load of old frames from a garage sale and I have making quite a few of these lately :)


To make this I took an old frame and painted it with some black arcrylic...around the edge I used embossing ink and stamped all around with a script stamp and then I brushed some beautiful perfect pearls over it.  I love how it gives off these beautiful blue and teal shimmer at different angles.

I used the beautiful Graphic45 couture papers to cover the background and then adhered with my glue gun some edging that I cut from a crochet doily.  Glued some pearl trim along the top of the crochet trim to not only embellish but to also stop the earrings from weighing it down.


I then just gor stuck in and embellished the corners with a cluster of goodies.
Beautiful rossette trim flowers, vintage buttons, bling, flat back pearls a beaded spray that I made and some black sequin trim really bring this frame to life :)



I get all my bling, flat back pearls and rossette trim from Retail girl.
Thank you so much for stopping by.  Check out this video for a closer look at this altered frame :)



Tasha x

No comments:

Post a Comment